200 WomenRegular price $25.00
· Jane Goodall, conservation and animal welfare activist
· Margaret Atwood, author and winner of The Booker Prize
· Roxane Gay, author and feminist
· Renée Montagne, former host of NPR’s Morning Edition
· Alicia Garza, activist and co-founder of Black Lives Matter
· Alfre Woodard, award-winning actor and activist
· Marian Wright Edelman, head of the Children's Defense Fund
· Lydia Ko, professional golfer and Olympian
· Dolores Huerta, labor activist, community organizer, and co-founder of the National Farm Workers Association
· Alice Waters, chef, author, and food rights advocate
· Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, author and Macarthur Foundation fellow
Each woman shares her unique reply to the same five questions: What really matters to you?, What brings you happiness?, What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery?, What would you change if you could?, and Which single word do you most identify with?
With responses ranging from uplifting to heartbreaking, these women offer gifts of empowerment and strength-inviting us to bring positive change at a time when so many are fighting for basic freedom and equality.
Each interview is accompanied by a photographic portrait, resulting in a volume that is compelling in word and image—and global in its scope and resonance. This landmark book is published to coincide with an interactive website, building on this remarkable, ever-evolving project.
A percentage of the originating publisher’s revenue from book sales will be distributed to organizations nominated by the women featured in the book.